- WPF Therapy Ltd (Company No. 1214251) Registered in England Charity No 273434. Organisational member of BACP and UKCP.
1.2 Please note that items (lectures/workshops/short Courses, collectively referred to in these terms and conditions as ‘events’) purchased in your basket through EventBrite will be sold as WPF Therapy Limited.
1.3 The following terms and conditions listed below will apply between you and WPF Therapy for the sale and purchase of events (which, for the avoidance of doubt, does not include WPF therapy training courses) contained in your basket. The terms do not affect your statutory rights.
1.4 Please read these terms carefully before you submit your order to us. These terms tell you who we are, how we will provide the specified event(s) to you, how you and we may change or end the contract, what to do if there is a problem and other important information. If you think that there is a mistake in these terms, please contact us to discuss.
1.5 In some areas you will have different rights under these terms depending on whether you are a consumer or are acting in a business capacity. You are a consumer if you are (a) an individual, and (b) acting in a personal capacity in enrolling on this course (i.e. you are not doing so in connection with your business, trade, profession or craft). All individuals enrolling on an event who work or are engaged in counselling or therapy in a professional capacity will be acting in a business capacity. All individuals enrolling on an event who do not work in the fields of counselling or therapy will be consumers.
1.6 Provisions specific to consumers only are in purple and those specific to those acting in a business capacity only are in italic.
1.7 The failure of or delay by WPF Therapy to exercise or enforce any right in these terms does not constitute a waiver of such rights.
1.8 WPF Therapy reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions in its absolute discretion at any time upon reasonable notice to you.
1.9 You can contact us by emailing email@example.com
1.10 If we have to contact you we will do so by telephone or by writing to you at the email address you provided to us in your order.
1.11 This contract is between you and us. No other person shall have any rights to enforce any of its terms.
1.12 Each of the paragraphs of these terms operates separately. If any court or relevant authority decides that any of them are unlawful, the remaining paragraphs will remain in full force and effect.
1.13 These terms and conditions shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with English law and in the event of any dispute arising out of these terms and conditions and/or your membership, you agree with WPF Therapy to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
Acceptance of Order
1.14 Our acceptance of your order will take place when we email you to accept it, at which point a contract will come into existence between you and us.
Price and Payment
1.15 The price of the event is the price indicated on the order page when you placed your order. We take all reasonable care to ensure that the price listed is correct. However, if we discover an error in the price before accepting your order we will contact you for your instructions before we accept the order to ensure you still wish to proceed with the order.
1.16 All credit and charge card holders are subject to validation checks and authorisation by the card issuer. If the issuer of your payment card refuses to authorise payment to us, your order will not be accepted and WPF Therapy will not be liable for any delay or non-delivery.
1.17 We may need certain information from you so that you can attend the events, for example, [previous qualifications, completed pre-event tasks]. If so, this will have been stated in the description of the event on our website. We will contact you in writing to ask for this information. If you do not give us this information within a reasonable time of us asking for it, or if you give us incomplete or incorrect information, we may have to prevent you from attending the event.
1.18 WPF Therapy reserves the right to cancel, suspend or vary the operation of our obligations to you if events occur which are in the nature of force majeure including (but without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing) fire, flood, storms, plant breakdowns, strikes, lock outs, riot, hostilities, non-availability of material or suppliers or any event outside of WPF Therapy’s control; we shall contact you as soon as practical to notify you of this and will take steps to minimise the effect of the delay and we shall not be held liable for any resulting delays or any breach of contract or tort resulting from such an event. If this results in a risk of substantial delay you may contact us to end the contract and receive a refund for any such event you have paid for but not yet been able to attend.
Use of personal data
1.19 If you are acting in a business capacity, we are not responsible for any loss or damage you may suffer or incur due to our failure to comply with these terms or our failing to use reasonable care and skill in performing our contract with you.
1.20 We do not exclude or limit in any way our liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so.
1.21 If you are a consumer, if we fail to comply with these terms, we are responsible for loss or damage you suffer that is a foreseeable result of our breaking this contract or our failing to use reasonable care and skill, but we are not responsible for any loss or damage that is not foreseeable. Loss or damage is foreseeable if either it is obvious that it will happen or if, at the time the contract was made, both we and you knew it might happen, for example, if you discussed it with us when making the booking. If you are a consumer we only deliver the event to you in your capacity as a private individual and not for any business purpose. If you use the services for any commercial or business purpose our liability to you will be limited as set out in paragraphs 1.21 and
2. Live Events
2.1 Live Event tickets are valid for the date and time stated. Please check your tickets carefully when you receive them as we may not always be able to rectify mistakes.
2.2 For lectures ONLY (not workshops or short courses) you may give your place to another person if you let us know that person’s name at least 24 hours before the event begins and that person meets the criteria for attendance.
2.3 Bookings for workshops and short courses are not transferable in any circumstances.
2.4 Refunds for event cannot be given in any circumstances except as follows:
- You cancel in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org not less than 14 days before the date of the event, in which case you will be entitled to a 100% refund minus the Eventbrite fee.
- If you are a consumer you have the right to cancel your contract with us for any reason within 14 days after the day on which you have made the booking and we will reimburse you in full for the cost of the event. However, if the booked event has already taken place when you seek to exercise this right you will not be entitled to a refund when exercising this right as we have already provided the service to you. Where a refund is payable we will issue the refund within 14 days of you telling us you have changed your mind. To exercise this right as a consumer we request that you notify us in writing by email to email@example.com. You can choose, but do not have, to use the cancellation form at the Annex to these terms and conditions when providing us with your written notice of cancellation.
2.5 The Eventbrite fee is nonrefundable by us in all circumstances and is subject to Eventbrite’s terms and conditions.
2.6 Where you have booked a multi-part event (such as a short course or multi-part seminar series) and wish to exercise your right to a refund under point 2.4 above, you may only do so where:
- you have notified us of your request to cancel not less than 14 days before the first part of the event, and
- you wish to cancel the whole event or complete series, not just one part of the event.
- Cancellation of one part of a multi-part event is not possible.
2.7 Once you have booked on an event, it is not possible to transfer to another event.
2.8 We reserve the right to change a speaker at an event without offering a refund, although we will seek to notify you of this change as soon as practical on becoming aware of it. However, if a solo presenter cancels, we will offer a full refund.
2.9 We reserve the right to change the venue (for in person events) and/or change the time.
2.10 We reserve the right to change our prices at any time. If you have a confirmed booking for an event, and the event price changes, the change in price will not be applied retroactively. Regrettably, discounts offered after you made your booking cannot be claimed or applied retrospectively.
2.11 WPF Therapy reserves the right to refuse admission or terminate a visit to an event (e.g. for disorderly conduct, abusive behaviour to staff or other attendees etc.). You will not be able to join the event more than 15 minutes after the start time unless this has been pre-agreed with the trainer.
2.12 By attending an event, ticket holders consent to being photographed or filmed incidentally and to WPF Therapy’s publication or broadcast of any such photographs or film. If you do not wish to be filmed or photographed, please email firstname.lastname@example.org when you book the event. You will be advised whether your request can be accommodated.
2.13 We cannot give refunds to delegates who fail to attend for whatever reason. If you book for an online event, please make sure you are able to access the event, including that you have access to a suitable device that is able to run the relevant software and that you have stable Wi-Fi connection. WPF Therapy will not make any refunds due to you being unable to attend the event for reasons either within or outside of your control.
2.14 We will only issue a certificate to those who attend the full event. Where the event is a multi-part event (for example a short course), such certificate will only be issued following attendance of all parts of the event.
Any and all discussions within workshops, lectures or other CPD event are confidential. Participants agree not to disclose any information shared.
3. Recording Policy
3.1 Why do we record?
WPF Therapy lectures offered on Zoom are recorded. We do not record workshops or events or sessions where clinical work may be discussed. Participants signing up for lectures will be informed in advance that the lecture is being recorded. Further, they will also be notified when a recording starts or if they join a session which is already recording. At the end of the event, we will have a list via Zoom of everyone’s active consent.
3.2 How do we record?
- All our lectures are offered on Zoom and we record on Zoom.
- Participants and the lecturer will be able to access the recording for 14 days following the event.
- Following the lecture the recording is hosted by Zoom. It is not hosted by WPF.
- A Zoom link is sent out to participants who attended on the day so that they can access the recording. Only participants who have attended the event will have access to the recording and attendees are not permitted to copy this in any form or share it with any third party.
- The Zoom link expires after 14 days.
- Participants cannot download the recording.
- The recording will be deleted 14 days after the event.
- When engaging a lecturer their consent will be requested for recording. Our expectation is that all lectures will be recorded unless there is particularly sensitive information being shared.
- Applicants for lectures will be asked to consent to the recording on the application form.
- The chat function will be disabled during all WPF Therapy events.
- WPF Therapy will keep a record of all recordings, date of recording and date of deletion.
3.4 How do we use the recording?
All participants and the lecturer will have 14-day access. WPF will only store a lecture on our secure Zoom account for a maximum of 14 days. After which date it will be deleted.
WPF will only store a lecture on our secure Zoom account for a maximum of 14 days. After which date it will be deleted.
- The default position is that lectures (not workshops) are recorded and that there is no discussion of clinical work – unless on a fully anonymised basis.
- If a lecture is to focus on clinical work then it will NOT be recorded.
- The recording will not be given to lecturers for their own personal use (although they will have access) or to be made freely available.
- The recording will belong to WPF Therapy.
- The recording will present the speakers view, in this case, it mainly records the speaker on the screen. During the Q&A, whoever raises a question and speaks on the screen will also be recorded and all participants will be informed of this in advance.
- You are not permitted to make your own recording of any event you attend or copy any materials provided as part of the event.
3.6 Intellectual property
We retain ownership of all intellectual property rights in all materials and outputs of the events and permit you to use these for the sole purpose of providing you with access to the event and relevant supporting documents in accordance with these terms. You are not permitted to copy these in any form or share them with any third party.
To WPF Therapy Ltd
I hereby give notice that I cancel my contract for a place at the following event:
Name of participant:
Address of participant:
Signature of participant: